Nikon releases the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR, a super-telephoto lens compatible with the Nikon FX format
Delivers exceptional agility that makes hand-held super-telephoto photography enjoyable, as well as offering superior optical performance and functionality
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 23 August 2018: Nikon is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR, a super-telephoto lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is a high-performance, FX format, super-telephoto lens that supports a 500 mm focal length. Adoption of a Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element has significantly reduced the size and weight of the lens, making hand-held super-telephoto photography easy and enjoyable.
The size of this lens has been greatly reduced, with a maximum diameter of 106 mm and length of 237 mm. Its weight at approximately 1,460 g (roughly the same weight as the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR) - other 500 mm lenses normally weigh more than 3,000 g. The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is built with dust and drip resistance, which in addition to the fluorine coat applied to the front lens surface, allows great agility when shooting.
The use of one PF lens element and three ED glass elements enables extremely sharp and detailed rendering that is compatible with high pixel-count digital cameras. In addition, the materials used in the new PF lens element Nikon has developed effectively reduce PF (diffraction) flare. Extremely clear images are achieved through the synergistic effects of Nikon's coating technologies, starting with the Nano Crystal Coat, which is very effective at controlling ghost and flare.
AF speed has been increased by making lens elements in the focusing group lighter. The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is also equipped with a VR mechanism that offers camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed. In addition, SPORT VR mode has been adopted. SPORT mode is especially effective when photographing fast-moving and unpredictable subjects such as wild birds, or in scenes such as sporting events, as well as when recording movies, due to the stabilisation of the image displayed in the viewfinder.
Use of the FTZ mount adapter will allow the lens to be used with the Z-mount mirrorless cameras also announced today. Users will be able to enjoy super-telephoto shooting at the 500 mm focal length with a system that is even more compact than ever before.
Nikon will also release the DF-M1 dot sight (available separately), an accessory that is very effective with super-telephoto photography. As only a very narrow field of view is visible in the viewfinder with super-telephoto shooting, it is easy to lose track of the subject. This accessory helps keep track of the intended subject, even if it moves suddenly.
Adoption of a PF lens element has enabled the creation of a smaller and lighter lens that can be taken to places that were difficult with previous super-telephoto lenses. The smaller size and lighter weight also eliminate the need for a tripod, making hand-held super-telephoto photography easy. The AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR greatly expands possibilities for super-telephoto photography by combining superior performance with a compact size and light weight.
- Significantly smaller and lighter with the adoption of a Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element
- A dust- and drip-resistant structure, and adoption of Nikon's fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- Cutting-edge optics with which one PF lens element and three ED glass elements have been adopted for extremely sharp and detailed rendering that is compatible with high pixel-count digital cameras
- Optical performance that is in no way sacrificed when the TC-14E III AF-S Teleconverter is used
- Materials used in the new PF lens element effectively control PF (diffraction) flare
- The effective ghost and flare suppression achieved through the use of Nano Crystal Coat enables clear images
- AF speed increased by making lens elements in the focusing group lighter
- Equipped with a VR mechanism that offers camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed
- VR mechanism equipped with two modes: NORMAL and SPORT
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism adopted for extremely precise aperture control
* Measured in accordance with CIPA standards in NORMAL mode when a digital SLR camera equipped with a full-frame, 35mm film equivalent image sensor is used.
- NIKON ȘI PARTENERII ANUNȚĂ CÂȘTIGĂTORII CONCURSULUI ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2022
- NIKON LANSEAZĂ VERSIUNEA 1.3.0 A SISTEMULUI DE FOTOGRAFIERE DE LA DISTANȚĂ NX FIELD
- NIKON ÎȘI EXTINDE COLECȚIA DE SISTEME MIRRORLESS CU NOI VERSIUNI PENTRU APARATUL FOTO EMBLEMATIC ȘI OBIECTIVUL SPECIAL AFERENT
- NIKON LANSEAZĂ GRIPUL DE TELECOMANDĂ MC-N10 PENTRU VIDEOGRAFI
- OBIECTIVUL PROFESIONAL DE SUPER-TELEFOTOGRAFIE NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S
- NIKON LANSEAZĂ VERSIUNEA DE FIRMWARE 3.00 PENTRU APARATUL FOTO MIRRORLESS CU FOTOGRAFIERE PE ÎNTREGUL CADRU NIKON Z 9
- NIKON ANUNŢĂ DATA ÎNSCRIERII PENTRU CEL DE-AL 39-LEA NIKON PHOTO CONTEST ANUAL
- NIKON VA EXPUNE NOUA TEHNOLOGIE Z 9 LA CONFERINȚA ADOBE MAX 2022
- VOIAJAȚI ÎN SPAȚIUL ULTRALARG CU NOUL NIKKOR Z 17-28MM f/2.8
- NIKON IMPRESIONEAZĂ CU PATRU PREMII EISA