Nikon D500 Wins the Camera GP 2017 Editors Award
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 22nd 2017: Nikon is pleased to announce that its D500 digital SLR camera is the recipient of the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2017 Editors Award, adding to awards from TIPA and EISA amongst others.
The Camera GP awards are sponsored by the Camera Journal Press Club (C.J.P.C. / Japan), which was established in September 1963 and is made up of editors from 12 camera and photography magazines (as of April 2016). The winner of the Editors Award, for which the D500 is this year's recipient, is selected for its popularity, the buzz it has created, and the innovation it showed, as judged by C.J.P.C. members.
The D500 has now won three highly esteemed awards. It was also the recipient of the TIPA Awards 2016's Best APS-C DSLR Expert award and the EISA Awards' European Prosumer DSLR Camera 2016-2017 award.
Judges statement for D500 selection
“The D500 is the long-awaited, new high-end model in Nikon's line of APS-C format SLR cameras. It offers an excellent balance between performance and price, inheriting basic features such as its AF sensor from the D5, Nikon’s 35mm  format "full-size" flagship model, yet available at a price the average consumer can afford. The D500 can be considered a camera that makes the APS-C format more appealing with its tough and durable body, high-definition viewfinder, and more than sufficient continuous shooting performance, all worthy of a high-end model. It is equipped with a superior AF system comprised of focus points that cover a broad range of the frame, and capable of sharp and clear capture of moving subjects. These days, though the development of mirrorless cameras is remarkable, the D500 reminds us of the appeal of SLR cameras.”
D500 Primary Features
・A next-generation 153-point AF system that demonstrates superior subject acquisition capabilities in any situation
・High-speed continuous shooting of up to 200 shots per burst at up to approx. 10 fps (14-bit RAW images with loss-less compression)
・The compact system that the DX format can deliver for nimble shooting
・Responds to the needs of professionals with support for 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) movie recording
・The new EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, which realizes a broad range of standard sensitivities up to ISO 51200, with additional expansion as high as Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent)
・Equipped with a 3.2-inch high-resolution tilting touchscreen monitor that helps make shooting even more comfortable
・Supports SnapBridge, an app that enables seamless connection of the camera to a smart device
- Nikon anunță noua structură organizațională pentru afacerile europene în materie de echipamente foto și pentru asistență medicală
- NIKON ANUNȚĂ DEZVOLTAREA APARATULUI FOTO MIRRORLESS DE VÂRF CU FOTOGRAFIERE PE ÎNTREGUL CADRU – Z 9
- NIKON LANSEAZĂ UN NOU SOFTWARE PENTRU VIZUALIZAREA ȘI EDITAREA FĂRĂ PROBLEME A IMAGINILOR STATICE ȘI VIDEO
- FIRMWARE NOU. KIT DE FILMAT NOU. NOI OPORTUNITĂȚI.
- NIKON LANSEAZĂ TELEMETRELE CU LASER: LASER 50 ȘI LASER 30
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021
- NIKON PREZINTĂ APARATELE FOTO MIRRORLESS DE ULTIMĂ GENERAȚIE CU FOTOGRAFIERE PE ÎNTREGUL CADRU, Z-7II ȘI Z 6II
- NOI OBIECTIVE DE REFERINȚĂ NIKKOR Z EXTIND GAMA NIKON Z
- ÎMBUNĂTĂȚIȚI-VĂ JOCUL DE GOLF CU NOUL TELEMETRU CU LASER COOLSHOT 40i GII